Translate

Monday, September 21, 2009

Bit's and pieces of past work...until I get a new camera :o(


This is a picture of what I made for my Mom on Mother's Day one year (2006??) She's an avid gardener and has a beautiful yard.



This is my first "commission" piece. I made it for a friend of mine for his wife for Christmas. He was trying to get her the last piece they needed for their wedding china and it was on back order and wouldn't have arrived in time for Christmas. So I offered to make it in miniature so she would have something to open on Christmas. She loved it and now hangs it on the tree every Christmas.



Chickens in the chicken run. I built the chicken run from plans in one of my bazillions of dolls house magazines. I can't remember which one though. The Bantam hen and Rooster were part of my childhood playthings that my grandmother had in her "Toy Box" for when we would visit. I asked my mom if I could have them for minis, she thought my Gran would have liked it. They were plain white chickens, so I had to paint them up to look like the Bantams I grew up with on my parent's acreage.

1 comment:

  1. What a great idea to make a mini version of the back-ordered china- and then to use as a christmas ornament! I love all of it- the chicken run is fabulous!!

    ReplyDelete